Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Free bet part 2 (blog no 6)

Well after a week away in the sun and rain thought i would do a quick update to bring our blog uo to date and explain the title "Free bet"


I placed £900.00 on Chelsea versus Bordauex at 1/3 on ,a defo buying money bet


Chelsea won easily which gave us a £300.00 profit to play with for the rest of the week.



I do not recommend this strategy as it is very risky long term. I got bit with this type of bet last season when Real Madrid failed to win there home game against the bottom team who had not won an away game all season. A 1-1 draw proved hurtful 3k down the swanee ouch.
Anyway with C helsea providing our bank roll I placed £200.00 on Man Utd to beat Villereal at odds of 1.64. The thinking was Man Utd after there loss to Liverpool the previous weekend would come out all guns blazing. I felt the odds were wrong for Man Utd so thought it was a good bet. Man Utd failed to fire any bullets and a draw killed our bet.



The same night I placed the remaining £100.00 on our good friends QPR to beat Southampton at Odds of 1.77 which bared fruition giving us £177.00 going into Thursday.



Thursday two bets were placed on British teams in the EUFA cup. A £100.00 on Portsmouth & £76.00 on Man City. Both were successful which returned a £118.00 profit.


Then over to the 2nd best bet of the bankroll so far the first being Federer v Murray. £300.0 was placed of our bankroll was deposited on USA to beat Europe in the Ryder cup at odds of 2.64 (11/8).



I have done a lot of research into this over many months and was as confident as I have ever been about any sports bet I have placed. I had a lot of info on this match and spent many man hours on golf sites, cnn facts and figures absorbing every little snippet.


The reason being I had the largest bet on USA to win that I have ever placed in 5 years of sports betting. Sometimes you plan in your head how you think things will turn out and I hoped/wished & dreamed that after the first day the USA would be leading and I would be in a position to lay it off for a guaranteed profit. This is exactly what happened so took the option to take nearly 2k profit rather than let it run especially as I would not be here to watch over the bet.
However if I had let it run I would of been nearly 20k better off but my intention was to hopefully be in a good position to trade. Obviously our separate bankroll bet of £200.00 ran its course and returned a £402.00 profit for us.
Before I jetted of into the sun and rain I left a £200.00 bet on Spurs v Wigan which was a losing bet.
So overall our sports betting returned a £796.00 profit for the week. A nice wage all earned from our “free money” bet on Chelsea.



As the bankroll grows hopefully we will soon have to alter the betting amount strategy to fall in with the guide lines set out in successful sports betting strategies which dictates a maximum 5% risk of bankroll on any bet. At the moment we are well within those guide lines but the larger the bankroll the more we have to protect it.
The strategy I am soon to use is the one that let me turn £1000.00 into 12k in 2 years when I used it a few years ago but more when that time arrives.
I do where possible try to post info on my bets on face book “Paul is...” section but please do not take these as tips surely no one is that foolish!!!!





So to update our bankroll. Our previous balance was £12,322.00



POKER PROFIT £95.00

BETTING £796.00



TOTAL PROFIT £897.00



This brings our total bankroll up to £13,219.00.

Certainly moving in the right direction,but remember we have had no large entry fee,s for tournaments but there are a couple looming on the horizon but we are well placed to afford the costs.



I was asked this week "is there any purpose to the bankroll" . To be honest I had never really thought about it so now comes the interactive bit. Please feel free to think about where we want to take this and could we maybe use it as a goal. Using the start of next years football season as the end of year one what should our aim be.

Some suggestions are get it up to 20k and use 5k to enter a wpt or similar event. Another is what ever the profit at the start of next years wsop use the profit to enter as many wsop events as the profit allows.

So over to you please send your suggestions via the comments feature on this blog site or message me via facebook and we will see what the most popular suggestions are. This will also let me know how many people read this.



So we are now up to date and back to normality. So find out next Monday if a week in the sun & rain has done more harm than good

Later

p.s thanks for the comments so far they are appreciated.

1 Comments:

At October 4, 2008 at 5:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah use your profit for wsop events mate. Big fields, full of fish-you'll be loving it. Also i'll be there and we can have a beer!

Seriously though mate, good luck with this, quite inspiring your blog.

Dom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home