Monday, October 6, 2008

Bloody Partck.

POKER.



Well after recovering from jet lag I ventured down to Teeside on Tuesday for the weekly £50.00 freeze out.


Arriving slightly later than planned I was pleasantly surprised to see 50 odd runners.
Sitting down at my table there were quite a few decent stacks so really had my work cut out.
A hand came up that got me a good triple up, holding A 10 clubs I called a raise along with 2 other players. A nine high flop with 2 clubs & me first to act I checked to the raiser who came out betting. The 2 other players both called which generated an instant all in for me for a few chips more than the initial raise. An ace on the turn secured the pot outdrawing the pocket queens held by the original raiser. Goldenballs strikes again.



I finished the double chance period with 11k in chips with an average of 7k so not to bad of a position.
A few people who read this blog told me I have to put this hand/ situation into the blog, so not wanting to disappoint here goes.



As regulars at Teeside all know our weekly comps are all self dealt. With the dealer being knocked out on the previous hand a volunteer offered to deal once the blinds had passed through the dealers spot. I offered to deal as I was in the blind. With blinds of 1oo/200 first position raises to 800. He gets two callers and it comes round to me to act. I look at my cards & stare down at two wonderful black aces, lovely jubbly. I raise it up to 1900 not wanting to price the original raiser out, he instant calls. One of the original callers goes all in for a few more.
The other caller calls so now I make it up, a nice healthy pot here now.
A flop of 774 rainbow & me first to act. I come out betting 2500 and the original raiser re raises to 5k, the other players pushes his remaining 1200 into the middle. Now I am all in. The original raiser calls on there backs qq for my opponent. Result scooooop, not bad for my first dealt hand!!!!!!!!!!!1
Another goldenballs moment!!!
Any one fancy a heads up match, I will deal!!!!!!!!



To keep things short, I made the final without too many problems and soon found myself in a 3 way battle. After an hour of three handed play we lost one which put me in a heads up situation against young Martin Turnbull. I was looking forward to this as I really admire Martins game and felt it would be a good challenge. Unfortunately it was all over in 3 hands. Martins full house walking into my Quad sixes. Martin was unlucky a hand he defo could not get away from.
So a nice outright win of £900.00 which after the entry fee results in £845.00 profit. Maybe that week away in hurricane alley was more beneficial than I realized. This is my 3rd consecutive final so on this form maybe a place in Neil Channings hit squad could be on the cards?


Friday played the £10.00 re buy. Total spend £80.00. Not much of interest here, called an “all in” holding 7-7 really hoping to be in a 50/50 spot here but was way behind, my opponent holding of pocket tens. This did not take me out but left me in bad shape. Struggled on finally exiting in about 25th place.



Cash games.


Played a little hold game at Teesside on Friday no winnings here dropping £180.00 in 2 hours. The 2 major hands AQ twice and qq all walked into bigger hands. Sticking to my 3am rule exited, kicked the cat and headed home.
In summary Friday was a bad day at the office. However I can’t complain as it is my first losing session since the bankroll started.

Sports/Football betting.



This week had a very good run starting Tues. I also had my eye on a football bet on Saturday which was going to be my first football bet off my own money this season & only my 3rd bet of the year. For sports betting purposes the year starts on the opening day of the football season.
Our first bet was on
Tuesday
VILLAREAL v Celtic £200.00 at 1.48 won profit £96.00


Shaktarr v BARCELONA £200.00 at 1.82 won profit £164.00


Wednesday.
ATLETICO MADRID v Marseille £200.00 at 1.74 won profit £148.00


Thursday
F.C Zurich v A.C MILAN £100.00 at 1.89 won profit £89.00



So after the midweek games we were showing a profit of £497.00 going into the weekend just in time for my great bet the first of the season.



Just before I post the bet details let me lead you up to the situation. The bet in question was to back Partick at home to Dundee. I had my eye on this fixture for 2 weeks. Dundee who are the Scottish version of Newcastle, a club in crisis. Fans up in arms, boardroom and manager problems and to further add value to our bet Dundee had an injury list as long as a horse’s tail.
Partick the team who took Rangers into extra time had scored an average of 3 goals per game, unbeaten in there last 3 games. Then the odds Partick 11/8 to win fantastic value.


Then on Friday two of the betting forums I visit picked this bet as the value bet of the day!!!

So £300.00 of our bankroll on Partick





RESULT PARTICK 0 DUNDEE 0.


No return nada, zilch nothing.





A £100.00 on Reading at least gives us some comfort as they ran out comfy 4-0 winners and returned us £61.00 profit.
It is worth noting that I also had a large lumper of me own pennies on Partick, partly financed by a buy money bet on Friday AK Alkmaar , but still a backwards step.
I did mention Partick to a few people so if you placed a bet on my advice YOU ARE STUPID as warned in a previous blog.
No bets on Sunday so are bankroll finishes as below


Previous balance. £13,219.00
Poker profit. +£780.00
Cash games.-£180.00
Betting +£258.00
BANKROLL BALANCE £14,077.00.



Last week I asked for some response from you to a purpose of the bankroll. A few replies favouring taking whatever profit the bankroll is to the World Series next year but need more replies.



On a brighter note would like to take this opportunity to tell you all some happy news. Me Howie & Michelle are going to have a baby.
Seriously though I am sure you will all join me and wish the happy couple all the best.



Either next week or the week after I am going to bring a new feature to this blog which will be of interest to all poker players from the North East.
As a footnote I have spent the best part of the week trying to add a hit counter to this blog to no avail. So to all whom I have harassed sorry. I now have Harry Potter on the case though
Later



As a footnote thanks to Brett & Adam for the help with all things computering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home