Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My sons called jason (part two)

Well day two soon came round and I found my 46k was in the top twenty of chips.Forty seven players remained to fight it out for the title of Teeside champ. My mates Howey, Dave maudlin & John Bowsfield had all made day two so loads of freindly banter and hopefully one of us could come good.
Only one local on my table just the way I like it as it makes you concentrate more when you are trying to gather info.
With blinds of 1000/2000 and a running anti of 500 felt confident and comfortable enter hand 3 of the day.!

My big blind and the button raise to 5.5k small blind in the hand.
I look at my cards ace queen suited. Now I am 99% certain I am ahead so ask how much have u got left.
33.2 he say's
ok I reply I am all in, he instantly calls and flips over KING QUEEN OFF SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF

I turn over me ace queen the dealer deals the killer king.

Now I pride myself of never moaning at out draws but this is so bad play on his behalf.I ask him if he thought he was ahead and to anger me even more he said no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you sit for 9 hours to put your self into contention then attempt to commit poker suicide i say crazy call.

I went for a walk after my small blind and button needed to try and turn this round.

When I got back the table was soon split.

My chip stack ended up in the middle with me holding AK versus pocket jacks. No ace or king exit one unhappy chappy

Now anyone who would of done the same play as Mr kq go and sit on the naughty stair.


So overall I think I played to the best of my ability. One minor cash and the disappointment of the main event. Players say to win a comp you have to win your 50/50's so hopefully once I win my 75/25% i should come good.

Howie went on to cash and was so unlucky to get his aces cracked by pocket jacks, horrible game at times.

So the overall cost of teeside £890.00 & a return of £370.00 = a total spend of £520.00.

Football.

I have decided to change the way the bets are used in our bankroll. Most weeks I can have about 10 - 20 bets per week. The ammount wager differs depending on odds, value etc. So to minimize the ammount posted on the blog about football I am only going to use the major bets (i.e) the ones where I am doing a full research and are confident that they will move our bankroll f/ward. So most weeks there will be only upto 5 bets ,and some weeks even less. Any other bets I will keep separate. Guess you can call them me naps.
As a example last night I was on Newcastle v W Brom.
Tonight I am on Bayern Munich for the bankroll, I have also got on Everton but this is not from the bank roll.
After a long discussion with my mentor on Football betting & bankroll management I have decided to wager upto 10% of our bankroll profit on our bets. So as a example we started with 10k we now have 13k our bet on bayern munich tonight would be upto 10% of our 3k profit = £300.00.
This will allow us to hopefully grow the bankroll on a slower but more successful formula. It certainly is the right way to grow a bankroll and maybe will teach people the correct discipline required.
I will continue to post my selections on facebook comments page but do not take em as tips.

As a footnote the % wagered for tonight on Bayern Munich is 5% of our profit.

Trading.

I have been able to put in a few hours trading recently which has proved rewarding.
For a total of 12 hours i have returned £450.00 .

Now our bankroll position.

PREVIOUS BALANCE. £14,077.00

POKER PROFIT £710.00

CASH GAMES £360.00

SPORTS Zero no bets placed


BALANCE £15,147.00.

So our bankroll has grew in 11 weeks by £5147.00 which is a lot quicker than I anticipated.
However with only 2 festivals played Bolton & Teeside we have no expense of note.

Blackpool is fast approaching & I have to make a decision of weather to play the main event. I am defo playing the £200 & £300 comps and hope to play a couple of super sats for the main event.

Now I am back on track my blog will be done most Sundays or Mondays.

If anyone wants to link there blog to mine please feel free the more the merrier i say, just don't ask me to do it as I do not have a clue how to do it.

Finally next week I am going to add a feature which will be of interest to poker players esspecially north east players so tune in next week

L8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home