Saturday, November 8, 2008

After the lord mayors show

Well, where do I begin.

POKER nightmare.

Sports nightmare.

I played 3 comps at local level this week and never got close once.There are no specific hands or situations to talk about not even 75/25 positions just loads of hands like 48 off suit. This week poker wise has been a non entity. I have been through lean spells before but this one seems to be lasting longer than the norm, all I can say is roll on 2009.
In poker it is certainly a confidence game and mine is low at the moment I just can,t seem to get into a winning position, however as most of you who know me will vouch that I am a very analytical person and apart from maybe playing a bit tighter I don;t think I am playing that bad, my reads are proving correct most of the time and I am pretty sure that I have not turned into a bad player over night.

However to put things in perspective I was asked this week " how,s yer luck "terrible I replied I have won or shared only 3 comps in the last month or so"

"bloody hell came the reply I haven't made a final for 7 weeks"

Maybe my expectations are set higher than others.

Looking back over my records (i have kept a record of every comp I have ever played)
what is apparent is the lack of breaks I have given myself.
This year for example I have had 2 weeks off from poker which is not nearly enough maybe time to rethink I thinks.
However before any break can be planned in it is of to Blackpool on Monday. All week I have been thinking weather to play the main event it's a daddy or chips,daddy or chips quandary.
Financially it is affordable for myself but it is not the money issue it is the expected value return.
I am not on top of my game at the mo so really need to justify my chances before deciding.
What happened last year when I finished 2ND has no bearing or influence on my decision and rightly so.
So I am going to play the Monday £300.00 freeze out & Tues £500.00 freeze out before I make any decision. It will not be made on a where I finish in these events but on how I am playing simple as that.


Football went just as well as poker this week. By Thurs we had had 7 bets and only two winners.All the research and effort had been done 7 man hours through the week but the footie gods just were not on our side.
Out of desperation I back Leeds on Friday at 4/7 just to restore a bit of confidence in readiness for Saturday and they drew 1-1!.
I said to others that if Leeds do not win this I will not have a bet on Saturday so when Saturday came I did not bother.
I had already done research for Saturdays games and if I had a bet I would of got us back on track, but hey ho lets go.

The only positive this week was trading activities which produced a profit of £220.00for 5 hours work. Maybe just maybe this is where the future lies.

unfortunately I have run out of time so going to end this blog here. I am defo back on Wednesday where i will post a financial update and carry on our northeast players malaki
The next one will surprise you all tho.
until wed
ty

2 Comments:

At November 9, 2008 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Steve H. said...

good luck in blackpool mate, take your rain coat though.theres f/a wrong with your game mate just the way it's swinging at the mo.. hope the wind blows for you this week paul.

 
At November 10, 2008 at 5:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good to see you are broadcasting both sides of the coin, totally agree that you need some cool down time when you have had a down swing. It is a rollercoaster this game and you'll get your upswing again when refreshed re-focused and you come out swinging after the break.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home